Let's Go Shopping


A friend invited me to do some shopping after work on Friday – I had been looking forward to the shopping part the whole week and couldn't wait for the week to end.  Finally the day was here - and you better believe I was mentally ready and I even dressed comfortably. I decided NOT to limit myself to a budget (because that would take all the fun out of the experience), and the plan was to shop up a storm.  

The shopping began and we went from store to store, but to my dismay I couldn’t find a single thing that I loved enough to buy on the spot. My friend on the other hand… seemed to find lots of things she loved and left every store we visited with an item of clothing. At this point a part of me started to lose interest and was thinking you can’t be  serious?.. Darn murphy’s law! and the other part of me was thinking it’s clearly not my day to shop, so I called it quits and continue to watch my friend buy great items of clothing without me. I’m sure many of you can relate to this situation.

…I woke up on Saturday morning and decided NO NO No, I wasn’t OK with what happened yesterday and I needed to shop. So I got dressed and headed to my closest shopping centre, to find that almost every clothing shop had a sale on. I did some browsing, which of course resulted in me trying things on and I ended up leaving with 3 pairs of great shoes – YAY.
I realised from this experience that when it comes to shopping for myself, I’m not a good random shopper. I prefer to be shop for specific items of clothing.

As an Image Consultant I would encourage you to take the same approach when you go shopping – create a list of the items of clothes you need, as this will help you stay focused, narrow down what you are looking, sort through all the goods on offer and prevent you from buying any unnecessary items (especially during sale season).

Happy shopping and I hope you find everything on your list.

Regards
Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment