This week I invited by the Consul General of the U.S Consulate of Johannesburg to attend a reception in recognition of the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence, at the U.S Consulate in Sandton.
The dress code was business attire. I was pleasantly surprised to see that most of the guests dressed accordingly, but not surprised by that lack of individual style. Guests played it safe, myself included (I should be ashamed). People's outfits were a mixture of the dull grey suit, the trusted shift dress, plain white shirt and formal pants to name a few.
The guest of honour was beautifully dressed. Everything about her outfit was flattering - from the colour and style of the dress, the fit and all her accessories were well thought out.
When it comes to work wear I would like to see a little less of this….
And much more of this…
Think it over and think your outfits through. Life is too short to wear boring clothes!!



No comments:
Post a Comment