Vintage Inspritation

This past Friday we hosted our work end of year function for our VIP clients and the theme was Great Gatsby - for this of you who don't know this is the 1920's era - fondly known as the 'Roaring Twenties'.
This theme called for glamours look which calls for diamonds, sequenes pearls, fur and lace. Which of course I had none of. This resulted in me frantically running around trying to put an outfit together.I almost settled on the idea of putting together an outfit based on what I had in my wardrobe and borrowing accessories from my mother. However being a image consultant - I decided, that just wont cut it and I had to find a dress. Luckily after much hunting I happened to come across the cutest ladies boutique store in Woodmead that stocks imported dresses from America.
And below is result of my styling efforts - I was really happy with my final look and even more so that it all cost me less that R700.


I love this picture of my collegaues and I, as it illustrates how we each interpretaed theme. Also giving you a peak into our own personal style.

No comments:

Post a Comment